DAVIDSON, NC– The Town of Davidson announces the launch of a mobile app to provide another way for citizens to engage with our town. This tool is easy to download on an Apple or Android device. It contains 17 icons offering a variety of ways to engage with the town. Citizens can:
- Get meeting agendas,
- Watch meetings live,
· View the events calendar,
· Access the town staff directory,
· Get information on dining, shopping, and lodging,
· Get parks and trails information,
· View parking and greenway maps, and
· Use SeeClickFix, a module that enables citizens to report an issue related to public services such as a pothole, uneven sidewalk, overgrown weeds, etc.
For information on how to install the app, please visitwww.townofdavidson.org/MobileApp
SeeClickFix is a portal that enables citizens to report public services issues related to:
- public works (graffiti, malfunctioning flashing beacons, park conditions),
- code enforcement (overgrown weeds, noise, junk vehicles on private property), and,
- public safety (loose or dangerous animals or traffic safety concerns). SeeClickFix is not a tool to report emergencies -- if it is a true emergency, please call 9-1-1.
“One of our town’s core values is: “Open communication is essential to an engaged citizenry, so town government will seek and provide accurate, timely information and promote public discussion of important issues,” said Public Information Officer Cristina Shaul. “This is another great tool that enables us to interact with our citizens -- please install the app today.”