Friday, June 1, 2018

Crescent Countdown - Top 10 Quotes Never Heard in Davidson

BY MELISSA ATHERTON

10. A Japanese company is acquiring Crescent in July. It makes so much sense that our town motto is “Turn around. Shop in town.”

9. I think it’s a GREAT idea to have 246 apartments and nine townhouses with only one way in and out--Davidson is all about “connectivity.” I hope everyone walks through my yard to get to town.

8. I’m sure the 1,000 new “Crescent Davidson” residents will only ride bikes and walk everywhere, like Charlotte. Plus, the train is coming soon.

7. I can’t wait to have three and four-story, flat-roof buildings directly behind my historic home. It totally fits with the prime tenets of our design ordinance that say development should be “compatible with surrounding area” and “support the unique visual character and streetscapes in Davidson.”

6. The apartment renters won’t have school-age children. Crescent said it in their marketing packet and application, so it must be true. Plus, our schools won’t be overcrowded soon--HB 514 will solve EVERYTHING.

5. We are revising our Watershed Ordinance because we care about drinking water. That’s why we want large slabs of concrete apartments and hotels next to the lake.

4. I’m sure “the county” told us to do this.

3. Who cares about the displaced Potts wildlife? The animals can just relocate to Fisher Farm. They can migrate two-by-two on the ten-foot path. It will be just like Noah’s Ark!

2. I sure am glad Davidson and Cornelius are just asking Crescent to make a payment in lieu rather than improve intersections. I love sitting on 115.

1. This looks like a great idea:


No comments:

Post a Comment