Well, that day is finally here.
Sling TV opened to the public on Monday with an a few more offerings than originally announced. How much more space they have under their $20/month price tag to add additional channels will be something to watch closely.
The most common criticism of Sling TV is the limited number of channels, but with the addition of channels like AMC, that criticism could diminish rapidly. AMC has the most popular show on cable - The Walking Dead. If channels like FX and Fox News are ever added, this new service could become truly transformative.
Below outlines what has been added for launch.
- AMC will be added to the $20 per month core. package.
- “Sports Extra” pack now available for $5 per month. This includes: the SEC Network, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, Universal Sports, Univision Deportes, beIN Sports, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN Bases Loaded and ESPN Goal Line. These channels have been added to your reviewer account.
- WatchESPN now available at no additional cost to all Sling TV customers.
- Maker Studios’ Polaris+ channel coming soon.
- Supported devices at launch include: current-generation Roku players, Roku TV models, Android, iOS, Mac and PC, with support for Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick in the coming days