Monday, February 18, 2013

To anon, or not to anon...is it "Ok" to be anonymous when criticizing Mi-Connection?

This morning I received an intriguing question from DavidsonNews.net.  They were in search of an anonymous user named @CrunchyCnsrvtv who had just posted this on Twitter.  DavidsonNews.net was interested in finding out who the poster was and if I happened to be him/her/it.








The above post was sent early Monday morning.  As of Monday evening, the search continued with @DavNews reaching out to @CrunchyCnsrvtv with this tweet.



To clear up any confusion. I am not @CrunchyCnsrvtv on Twitter.  Which, to the chagrin on many I am sure, means there is another vocal conservative voice in Davidson.

Though I personally have no problem with anonymous posting as long as it stays tame, not everyone feels that way.  Not sure why DavidsonNews.net wants to track down an anonymous Twitter user who posted a critique of our local cable provider, but as a Mi-Connection customer and an owner via my tax dollars that subsidize the endeavour, I do have a question.

Why does Mi-Connection NOT have a Twitter presence for customer service?

@CrunchyCnsrvtv and myself follow each other on Twitter so I've seen customer service related posts from this user before.  Guess what?  They get results if there is someone on the other end to receive them.  When today's incident occurred, I vaguely remembered seeing a couple of tweets a while back from ol' Crunchy and went to see if they were still there.  Here they are...

To Hyatt Hotels...

To Marriott Hotels...


Here's the relevant point...

Whether or not a customer is anonymous or not should not matter!  These large hotel chains obviously do not think so and neither should Mi-Connection - or anyone else.  Mi-Connection prides itself on customer service being it's strong point.  It is a technology company!!!

To me, as a company owner, why Mi-Connection does not have someone monitoring Twitter is a bit more concerning than the anonymity of one of its customers critiquing them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment